Thursday, July 14, 2016

Recent Investment Activity - DGI Portfolio


Hello everyone, 

Thank you so much for the continued support of my blog and my journey to grow wealth.  If you follow my blog, I try to invest small amounts on a weekly basis to existing portfolio positions, along with sprinkling a larger buy here and there when I see value in a particular stock.  For example, I initiated a position in Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) during the Brexit event a few weeks back.  Otherwise, I basically dollar cost average into my positions in my so-called core holdings, suck as Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM).  Over the past year and half I've slowly accumulated decent positions in those core holdings and will continue to add weekly or monthly to build full positions and increase my dividend income.

So far in July, I've not been overly busy in investing, as prices are at all time highs so I haven't pulled the trigger on a new position or larger buy, but I've still had a few of my monthly buys go through.  In addition, I have of course contributed to my 401k plan, as I typically add $450-$500 bi-weekly to that account.  Here are my recent investments, as of July 8th:

Purchases:
Special Agent Dividend's Dividend Growth Portfolio

Target Corp. (TGT) $25
Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) $63
Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) $45.85
The Coca-Cola Company (KO) $31
Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) $60

Total Portfolio Purchases: $224.85

401k - Thrift Savings Plan

Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) $495
Currently investing at 53% C Fund, 27% S Fund and 20% I Fund

Total TSP Purchases: $495

Overall investments: $719.85

That's it for this quick update.   Not too much action, but I'm hoping the cliche saying "slow and steady wins the race" proves true over the long haul.  Thank you for reading and I'll be posting a dividend income update soon, along with some awesome news on my rental property.  



.  

No comments:

Post a Comment