Monday, February 15, 2016

Bi-Weekly Investment and Dividend Activity

Hello everyone,

Thank you for stopping by and checking out another blog post.  With my renewed focus (available time) on this blog, I feel I should update it on a very frequent basis to update everyone and keep me actively involved.   As I detailed in my portfolio update, I'm an advocate of a type of routine investing.   I've been investing, mostly small amounts, pretty much on a weekly basis for the past year and a half.   I do try to save for larger purchases as well, along with my monthly purchases of my core holdings of my portfolio.  This has enabled me to build my portfolio steadily, albeit slow, over time and diversify my holdings.  I'm not trying to time the market, but essentially dollar cost average my core holdings and look for the best value for stocks on my watch list.  The past two weeks haven't been exactly busy for me with my investing, but I did have a few automatic purchases go through and  contributed to my retirement account.   Overall, in this two week period, I was able to invest a total of $960.57 and received a total of $22.94 in dividends.   $948.42 was in fresh capital, with the rest coming from a DRIP from my Apple (AAPL) dividend reinvestment.    Here is the meat and potatoes of my investments and dividends for the past two weeks:

Dividends:

Apple Inc. (AAPL) - $12.15

Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) - $10.79

DGI Investments:

Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) - $69 invested for .928185 shares

Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) - $50 invested for .936499 shares

The Walt Disney Company (DIS) - $30 invested for .3239 shares

Bank of America Corporation (BAC) - $305.42 invested for 25 shares

* BAC was a new partial position I added to my portfolio.  I plan to add to it as the price is depressed and eventually reach a full position.


TSP Retirement 401k Investments:

Thrift Savings Plan (TSP):  $494 invested, with a allocation of 59% to the C Fund, 21% to the S Fund and 20% to the I Fund.

Summary:

Overall, a decent few weeks with a total of $960.57 invested among 5 positions and my 401k index funds.  I would love to have a few grand to toss in the market right now, but every dime counts, so I'm slowly putting in as much as I can to build my positions.

2 comments:

  1. every dime counts
    Thats how I think as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great buys!! Regular purchases, and forget all the noise.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete