Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Weekly Activity - Stock Purchases, Dividends, Passive Income

Hello everyone,

Once again, thanks for stopping by and supporting my investing journey.   Of note, I'm having some issues with my comments section, as I cannot post replies from my Apple devices.  I'm not sure what is going on but I cannot post a comment to my fellow bloggers using Google Blogger either.   This post will detail my weekly activity, as I had several small purchases to add to existing portfolio holdings, a Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) contribution, dividends received and, lastly, income generated from my rental property.   

Purchases:
Special Agent Dividend's Dividend Growth Portfolio
The Walt Disney Co. (DIS) $30
Apple Inc. (AAPL) $20
Target Corp. (TGT) $20
The Coca-Cola Co. (KO) $10
Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) $65
ConocoPhillips (COP) $25

Total invested $170

Retirement Account
Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) 401k Employee Plan
C Fund - $298 invested 
S Fund - $105 invested
I Fund - $95 invested 

Total invested $498

Dividends:
Kinder Morgan (KMI) $5.75 reinvested for .39 shares
Proctor & Gamble (PG) $8.03 for reinvested for .098651 shares
Realty Income (O)  $1.99

Total dividends received $15.77

Other Passive Income: 
Rental Property:  I received $1300 in payment for my rental house, which netted approximately $300 after mortgage payment and management expenses.  This continues to be a great investment property, as I could substantially raise my rental rate but will not until my current tenant leaves.  Great tenants > tad more money.  

Summary: 
Another week is in the books and I managed to add to my snowball of investments.  I continued with my small investment strategy to build my core holdings.   I plan on making a few more small buys this week and hoping for some more turmoil in the market to get some discounted prices.   Once again, thanks for stopping by and for the support!   

6 comments:

  1. A small qustion: can you comment on the smaal purchases that you make? Example: buying 20 USD of Apple. In Belgium, we can only buy full stock. Th same goes for DRIP investing

    thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for late reply, as I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post on my APPL products and have to find time to get on my desktop. I use Loyal3 and direct investment plans to take advantage of small fractional buys. I have several plans that simply deduct a set amount each month from my bank to buy shares. I hope that answers your question?

      Delete
  2. Great update all around. Nice buys and solid rental income too. I see energy is still OK in your opinion with the small COP buy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DivHut! I'm still buying energy, as I don't believe it will be down for too long and really hoping to take advantage of it now to build up positions. I'm sure there is better value you out, but I'm comfortable buying these small amounts right now to DCA into a larger position.

      Delete
  3. Nice months and congrats on the good cash flow from your rental. I love the mix of real estate and dividend growth stocks. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AAI! I would really love to add another rental soon, but I'm thinking it will be a few years down the line, as I have some student loans to pay down and hopefully pay off the rental early.

      Delete