Sunday, February 28, 2016

Bi-Weekly Investment Activity - Stock Buys, Dividends, TSP

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for stopping by and the continued support.   I've had a pretty mild two weeks when it comes to investing (this post has some carry over from last week's activity), but I'm still plugging away with my weekly and monthly purchases.  This past two weeks has seen several of my monthly purchases executed, such as Proctor & Gamble, Lockheed Martin and the Walt Disney Company.  In addition, I've made several small buys to add to existing positions, such as Apple, Coca-Cola, Target and Bank of Nova Scotia.   In addition to my dividend growth portfolio, I contributed to my work sponsored 401k type Thrift Savings Plan, which is further detailed below.  I had a few dividends roll in, nothing spectacular, but man I love seeing them pop up in the account.  Lastly, I had some passive income coming in from my rental property.   Overall, not too shabby!  While I'd love to throw a few thousand in weekly, it's not practical for me, so I'll keep at it one buck at a time.  

Purchases:
Special Agent Dividend's Dividend Growth Portfolio

The Walt Disney Co. (DIS) $30
Apple Inc. (AAPL) $20
Target Corp. (TGT) $20
The Coca-Cola Co. (KO) $10
Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) $60
ConocoPhillips (COP) $25 and $60
Proctor & Gamble Company (PG) $55
Bank of America Corp. (BAC) $48.81
Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) $40.25

Total invested $369.06

Retirement Account
Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) 401k Employee Plan
C Fund - $298 invested 
S Fund - $105 invested
I Fund - $95 invested 

Total invested $498

Dividends:
Kinder Morgan (KMI) $5.75 reinvested for .39 shares
Proctor & Gamble (PG) $8.03 for reinvested for .098651 shares
Realty Income (O)  $1.99

Total dividends received $15.77

Other Passive Income: 
Rental Property:  I received $1300 in payment for my rental house, which netted approximately $300 after mortgage payment and management expenses.  

Summary: 
Overall, in the past two weeks, I put $867.06 in fresh new capital to work with my investments.   
I had some passive income rolling in thanks to dividends and my rental property, which is what this journey is all about.   I'll be following up this post with my monthly activity, so be looking for that in the next day or so.  Thanks for stopping by and for the support!   

8 comments:

  1. Nice passive income that you are building.
    As a European, I stay fascinated with the partial purchases you can make. We have to buy full units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, we are lucky in that aspect. I'm an advocate for the smaller buys, as it's the easiest way for me to save and keep the ball rolling, so to speak.

      Delete
  2. Great buys!

    Nice income on your rental property as well.
    I'd love to own a rental house one day, but regulations in The Netherlands are not very friendly for landlords. You can't kick out your tennants if they don't do anything terribly wrong, for example.

    Tennants are extremely protected, which is not very encouraging.

    @Amber: I hear you on partial stocks. Very annoying we can't do that!

    Best of luck, DfS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's bad to hear about the regs there for tenants. I'd have to say that I'm really liking the rental income aspect, as I can see the potential for income generation for years to come with the rental property.

      Delete
  3. Great buys, slow and steady definitely wins the race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Haha I'm hoping it does at least, but that's the plan for now. I'll keep plugging away every week.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you added to some solid names. No super high yield fantasies which many are tempted to buy. No rush, bit by bit, reinvest and let the power of compounding work its magic. Nice to see more than one passive income stream as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DivHut! I definitely only want quality names, ones I plan to hold on to for an indefinite period of time and let that compounding magic keep rolling!

      Delete