Saturday, February 6, 2016

Update - Dividend Growth Investing

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the continued support of my journey to financial freedom, as I'm slowly building my portfolio.  I am very sorry for my lack of updates, as I moved across the country due to a career transfer.  With that, and my hectic family schedule, I've seriously neglected my site.  But, not my investing, rest assured.   I'm plugging away week by week, as I try to buy small amounts in my core holdings.   I continue to focus my investing on high quality companies that will provide a steady income stream eventually to supplement my retirement.   As of now, I'm reinvesting my dividends either by DRIP or selectively with my other holdings.  In addition, I partcipate with my work sponsored Thrift Savings Plan ( TSP ), which is essentially a 401k type plan.   I invest at least 5% of my income on a bi-weekly basis to ensure I receive the maximum match of 5% through my employer.     While I plan to substantially grow my dividend growth portfolio and my Thrift Savings Plan retirement account, I also have an investment rental property that provides a steady source of monthly income.  I'm contemplating of adding more properties in the future, but would like to grow my stock portfolio first.  

Well, I'm really excited to start this blog back up and continue to support our investing community on here.  I've been following the other blogs religiously, but had to take a back seat on actively contributing until I was settled with my move and transition.   I will be uploading an update on my portfolio in a separate post, which will detail all my holdings and give you some insight of where I stand since my last update.  Thanks so much for following along and I look forward to interacting with all of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment