Friday, September 12, 2014

Recent Buys and Mindblowing Dividend Income

Hello fellow bloggers,

I just wanted to make a quick post to detail my recent purchases and document my dividends received thus far this month.

I've had three automatic purchases so far this month, which I will continue to invest in until I have a solid base.  They are as follows:

ConocoPhillips (COP):  55.00 in new capital invested for 0.6794 shares
Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM):   65.00 invested for 0.658294 shares
Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ):  60.00 invested for 1.20603

I added to my position of Apple (AAPL), as I purchased 9 shares for a cost of 98.25 for a total amount of 893.20.  Although AAPL is trading at highs, I believe it will be a company that will reward me for years to come.

.....Now to the dividends lol

I received a whopping $0.13 from INTC.  WMT paid out $0.30.  TGT was kind enough to give me $1.99.  Lastly, XOM reinvested $0.45 for me.   In total, I've received $2.87 so far this month. The good news is that I'm hoping this will be the lowest amount I will ever receive in monthly dividends, as the snowball grows.  LMT and MCD are my other two dividends I will receive this month.

I have several other purchases scheduled that I will detail when complete.  Thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

  1. Its a start, AD. Keep at it and like you said, those dividends will snowball and grow over time.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roadmap2Retire! I'll keep at it and hopefully I can look back at these first few posts in a few years and realize how far I've came. Thanks so much for commenting.

      Delete
  2. AD,

    Nice work scooping up some stocks. It'll all trickle, trust me. Also -- we have a new hosted site http://www.dividenddiplomats.com/ - in case you wanted to update your blogroll. Great work, talk soon!

    -Lanny & Bert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. I'm hoping little by little I'll build up a good size portfolio!

    Sure will. I'll go and update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are off to a great start! It's exciting to see the dividends roll in and add to your position. I see VZ recently increased their dividend too. So you'll get even more for holding it and it's a raise you didn't have to do anything for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment! I must say, I like making money doing nothing! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agent,

    We all have to start somewhere, my friend. The good news is that you're actively adding to your dividend snowball, and your recent purchases were pretty substantial with that sizable buy in Apple. Nice job!

    Keep up the great work. All those pennies add up over time!!

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DM,

      Thanks for the comment! I'm hoping those pennies became dollars and dollars become hundreds before too long!! ;)

      I'm betting on AAPL to become a nice dividend payer soon. I'm hoping that 2% yield keeps growing with the company. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Everyone starts somewhere, and it looks like you've done a great job at getting things started, no matter how small it seems right now. You should add a dividend income page to your site to track the ongoing, and growing, level of monthly dividend income you receive! Not to mention a portfolio page so folks can see what you're invested in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. W2R,

    Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try to figure out how to do that right now lol. I track everything with the google spreadsheets, so I'm hoping I can just add them in somehow.

    Once again, thanks for the suggestions and for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete