Friday, September 26, 2014

First Goal Completed, Albeit a Small One, and LMT Dividend Increase


Hi everyone,

Big news, well kind of.  I surpassed my first goal of $100 in annual forward dividend income!  I’m pretty happy about that, as it is one small milestone that will hopefully lead to my financial success.  I’m setting my second annual dividend goal to $500, which I hope to acquire within the next 6 months of investing in high quality dividend growth companies. 

Regarding my first goal of $100, surprising it was not even the purchases that I planned for this week, but rather, a raise from Lockheed Martin Corp. ( LMT ) that bumped me over the first hurdle.   LMT declared their Fourth Quarter 2014 dividend at $1.50 per share, which is a $0.17 per share raise or thirteen percent (13%) increase from their prior $1.33 per share dividend.  According to Lockheed Martin, it is their 12th consecutive double digit percent increase of their dividend, which is no small feat.  I remember following LMT several years ago, as I watched and tried to learn the market.  The price for LMT has significantly increased since those days, and I’m kicking myself in the butt for not investing back then.  In any case, after this dividend raise, my projected annual dividend is sitting at $100.35.  However, I plan to keep investing and raise this number dramatically, as I build my core positions. 

I plan on making another post in the next day or two detailing dividends and purchases made this past week and my plans on purchases this coming week.  In addition, I’ll be making my first monthly update posting on October 1, which will detail all my purchases, dividends, net worth, and other passive income streams for the month of September. 

Thank you for reading. 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on achieving that milestone, AD. Onwards to your next goal!

    Best
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on you meeting your goal. Good luck with your next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm ready to start hitting 100 a month! Ha I'll get there soon enough. I'll check out your blog.. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Great job passing your goal! The $100 mark is where it first really clicked for me. $100 might not seem like much over a years time but eventually that will turn into $100 per month. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PIP. I was really happy to see that $100 mark.. I've set my next goal for $500 within 6 months, so I'm really hoping I can achieve that. $100 a month would be awesome!!

      Delete