Monday, September 22, 2014

Update: New Buys, TSP, Dividend

Hi everyone,

I meant to get this put out Friday, but ended up getting caught up with work stuff.  Anyways, I wanted to make a posting to detail some of my week’s investment activity, as I made some on-going weekly purchases, contributed to my bi-weekly retirement account, and received another HUGE dividend!  Please don’t laugh at the amounts lol

Dividend Growth Investing:

This week I continued to make purchases using my Loyal3 account and by direct stock purchase plans.  The following is the details of my weekly purchases:

1.  Lockheed Martin Corporation ( LMT ):  Invested $66.00 at a purchase price of $179.06 for .368585 shares.  

2.  The Coca-Cola Company ( KO ):  Invested $35.00 at a purchases price of $42.08 for .8317 shares.

3.  The Walt Disney Company ( DIS ):  Invested $25.00 at a purchase price of $25.00 for .2745 shares.

4.  Wal-Mart Stores Inc. ( WMT ):  Invested $10.00 at a purchase price of $76.96 for .1297 shares.

5.  Target Corp. ( TGT ):  Invested $10.00 at a purchase price of $64.33 for .1554 shares.

6.  McDonald’s Corp. ( MCD ):  Invested $10.00 at a purchase price of $94.69 for .1056 shares. 

 

Retirement Account / TSP / 401K

In addition, I had an automatic bi-weekly contribution to my Thrift Savings Plan ( TSP ), which is my retirement investment account.  I invested $412 into three index funds, which purchased me the following shares:

1.  C Fund, Common Stock Index, 9.4213 shares

2.  S Fund, Small Cap Index, 2.3276 shares

3.  I Fund, International Stock Index, 3.1651 shares

 

Dividends Received

I received another dividend this week, as McDonald’s Corp. ( MCD ) paid me $1.09.  Haha enough for a cheap MCD single patty burger I suppose!  Even though it’s a tiny payout, I have to say it feels great to see that roll into my account.  I’m excited to see them growing over time and hopefully they will begin to take on a life of their own soon.  

 

Summary

Well not much by any means, but what did occur, is that my DGI portfolio went over the 4k mark.  As of closing, my account balance was $4155!  I’m hoping I cross my first hurdle of $100 in forward annual dividend income in the coming week.  In sum, I’m not rich (yet!) but making some slow and steady progress.  Thanks for checking out my posting.  I’m still trying to learn how to fix up my blog, i.e. insert charts and create a page for my portfolio.  Hopefully I can get that done soon.  Please leave me some comments! 

6 comments:

  1. SAD,

    That is a textbook example of diversification. Those positions with just a few others would make for a great core portfolio. A little Procter and Chevron and you are really off and running. Keep up the good work!

    MDP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to build a well diversified portfolio with limited initial funding. I actually just purchased some PG last month from computershare. Thanks again for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Nice purchases Agent. All are great companies and I own 3 of those mentioned. Keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I'm going to keep plugging away at it and hopefully build a nice size portfolio... eventually!

      Delete
  3. I think dividend income is always exciting jo matter how small it is... After all, it's free money! :D Good luck with your investments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, great to see another new blogger out there! I just started my own as well! I love every one of your purchases, and am long on TGT, MCD, and KO. LMT and WMT are always close to the top of my watchlist. I've always wanted DIS as well, but my hesitation on the annual payment let the price get away from me. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get it in time!

    ReplyDelete