Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Monthly Dividend and Passive Income Update from November


Monthly Dividend and Passive Income Update from November

During the month of November 2014, I received several forms of ‘passive’ income, which I will detail below.  I’m hoping this number keeps growing, especially in the dividend department, as that is what this journey is all about.  I’m amazed at the numbers of my fellow bloggers within our little investing community produce month in and month out, which serves as proof of how effective continual investing and compounding are.  This journey is slow and arduous, but can produce amazing numbers over an extended period of time.  Without further ado, I’ll detail my passive income for the month of November. 

Dividends:

This month I set a new high (if you can call it that!), although that is expected with my paltry numbers with just starting out and finally some new buys are beginning to pay the first dividend in the next month or so.  I’m expecting my December numbers to be a little more respectable, but I’m really excited to see how it will turn out through 2015.  Three companies and a savings account at my credit union made dividend payments this month.  My largest dividend payment came from Apple Inc. (AAPL), which paid me $10.06 in a quarterly payment.  Secondly, Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) made a payment of $1.92 for the quarter.  I received a quarterly payment of $2.07 from The Proctor & Gamble Company (PG).  My last dividend of the month came from my credit union savings account, as I received a $9.57 dividend payment.  I receive a monthly dividend from my credit union account, while the three above stocks pay out quarterly.  In sum, I received $23.62 in dividend payments this month. 

Summary:

AAPL:  $10.06

VZ:  $1.92

PG:  $2.07

Banking Account:  $9.57

 

Rental Income – Investment Property:

            This month I had no change in my income from my rental property, as it has been stable with an active renter that pays on time.  For the month of November, my net positive cash flow was $325.  This is the number after my management fees and mortgage payment.  This number can vary monthly, as some expenses may pop up for upkeep or if the house is not rented, etc. 

 

Other forms of passive income:

            Lastly, this is the catch-all spot, as I try to make the most of getting ‘free money’ if you will.  One example is my rewards credit card.  It is an area I fully take advantage of, as I use my rewards card for any purchase that I can to reap the benefits.  In November, I received $50.00 in cash back from my use of the credit card for the month, as I only used it for my everyday purchases and bills.  As a word of caution, I do pay my balance off on a monthly basis, so I do not carry a balance over and get hit with interest fees.  In addition, I use Swagbucks, so I was able to obtain a $10 Amazon Gift Card for its use.  To those unfamiliar with Swagbucks, it rewards you for certain actions, such as just searching the web, completing surveys, watching videos, etc.  It’s very easy to use and you can rack up some points fairly quickly just by using it to search the web, in lieu of yahoo or google, or using their links to sites, such as Amazon to make purchases.  I’ve been using it for quite a long time and usually average around $10 a month in free gift cards or try to save up for $25 in PayPal cash deposited into your checking account.  To anyone interested, here is a referral link, http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=12151636.  Once you are signed up, you can send the referrals to friends and family and receive a percentage of points based off their activity (I think around 10%).  For example, my wife is signed up under my account, so it’s a way to double dip, per se. 

 

Summary:

            Overall, during the month of November, I received $408.62 in ‘passive’ income, with the majority coming from my investment property.  I’m hoping to grow this number substantially, as I actively invest and build my dividend growth portfolio.  It’s not a huge number for sure, but every little bit counts!  Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to comment. 

 

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great month of passive income, Agent. Leveraging more than one way of generating is tops in my books. I dont have a second property to generate rental income yet, but my wife and I plan on doing that in the next few years. Probably in 4-5 years time. Its a long term plan.

    cheers
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R2R! Let me know if you have any questions about rentals. I didn't plan on having one, as it was more of an "unintentional" investment property after a month and the necessity to rent it out after the market crashed. However, it's been working out so I decided to keep it as a rental for the time being.

      Delete
  2. Thats a great passive income Agent D, keep 'em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FFF! I'm hoping to add a little each month to it!

      Delete
  3. Nothing beats passive income. Good job!

    Keep cranking,

    Robert the DividendDreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's great to have that money rolling in for minimal work. Can't beat it! I hope things are going well on your end!

      Delete
  4. congrats for a great month! if it's not a secret how much you pay to your management company and do they charge you month to month or only when some problem happen? I am asking you because one of my friends is about to rent out his house and since I manage my rental property on my own and his property is just 2 miles from mine I told him I can help him to manage his since he doesn't want to be involved. But I wonder how much I should charge him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no secret at all, as I want to be as open as possible with my journey. I pay 10% to my management company a month, which is steeper than I would like. However, I live states away from my property and it's practical to use them. They handle all matters related to it and send me a check every month. In addition, when it's not rented I don't pay them but they keep up with everything, I.e. hiring lawn people etc. I hope that helps! If I lived there, I would handle it myself but it's just too much for me in my already busy life to worry about.

      Delete
    2. thanks for your answer. yes, it totally makes sense when you live far away from your property!

      Delete