Saturday, December 13, 2014

Weekly Investment Activity – First Week of December

Weekly Investment Activity – First Week of December

Hi everyone,

This posting will detail my investment activity for the first week of December, as I did not get a chance to write a post all week.  Work and family has kept me really busy, so I haven’t had much time to blog about my ongoing investment activity.  I will be posting a separate posting to detail my current weekly activity, as I’m still trying to actively contribute to my dividend portfolio and/or retirement account on a weekly basis.  I had one ‘larger’ buy during this week, as I already posted about.  In addition, I continued investing smaller amounts in my Loyal3 account and through direct investment plans. 

Dividend Growth Investing:

During the week, I made one purchase in my main brokerage account, as discussed in a separate posting.  This was an untimely purchase, as the stock has significantly dropped since the purchase, but the long term outlook remains positive in my opinion.  I added to my position in BP p.l.c. (BP), which I initially initiated in November.  I purchased 15 more shares of BP, at a purchase price of $39.60 per share, for a total investment of $594.  With that purchase price, it provided a Yield on Cost (YOC) of 6.06% with an annual dividend payment of $2.40 per share.  This new purchase brings my total position of BP to 37 shares and lowers my cost basis to $40.58 per share.  As of closing this past Friday, BP is trading at $36.24.  I’ve been contemplating adding to my position at these levels, and will make a decision this coming week to see where I allocate my capital. 

I've toned down my trading in Loyal3 lately without the credit card perk, but did manage to make a few small trades.  I continued making small ongoing purchases, and this week I invested $70.00 in three companies.  I contributed $25.00 to the Walt Disney Co. (DIS) and $25.00 to Unilever (UL).  Lastly, I contributed $20.00 to the Target Corp. (TGT).  Not much, but I figure even these small amounts will dramatically add up over the long term. 

In my direct investment plans, I had a few contributions go through in my ongoing investment accounts.  I had a contribution to Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ), as I invested $50.00 that added 0.99167 shares to my position.  In addition, I contributed $65.00 to my Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) account, which purchased 0.693831 shares.

Lastly, I had a few automatic dividend reinvestments go through.  I received $1.70 from ConocoPhillips (COP), which was reinvested to 0.02575 shares.  Ford Motor Co. (F) paid a quarterly dividend of $6.38, which was reinvested for 0.406 shares.  I’ll be selectively reinvesting dividends that I receive in my Loyal3 account and will only detail them in my Loyal3 activity.

Overall, I invested $787.08 for the week, which was used to add to current positions.  I invested in seven companies, which were BP, COP, F, DIS, UL, VZ and TGT.  I’ve been saving for another larger purchase this month, with the energy sector still remaining the most logical option.  However, as I discussed earlier, I would like to initiate a position in the financial sector and still have BNS on my short list.  Thank you for checking out my blog and for all the support!

10 comments:

  1. Good stuff, Agent. You are picking up lots of quality companies for good prices. Keep up the great work

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting trades, keep the news coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agent Dividend,

    It's awesome seeing you build up larger and larger positions, such as BP and averaging down your costs. I hope no dividend cuts arise from the oil industry, as I have quite a bit of oil too. I'll have to read more earning releases as they come out.

    And as you said - the accumulation of a share here and a share there will add up well over time, keep at it!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like all your picks. Disney has been on fire lately and projected to have monster next two years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small amounts add up surprisingly fast! Toss a few coins in here, toss a few coins in there, rinse and repeat, and soon you're sitting on a pretty big pile of coins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of good buys. Really like all of these names. Small amounts do add up. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of diverse names you have been picking up for the month. Good use of your capital to spread your long term best and not just focus on energy names. Large buys and small buy all matter over time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These small investiments are really wonderfull to build a strong portfolio!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up the great work! That's a good selection of stocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice purchases Special Agent! Each of the 7 are strong companies. Keep up the great work!

    Bert, One of the Dividend Diplomats

    ReplyDelete