Friday, December 5, 2014

Monthly Investment Activity for November - Dividend Growth Investing


Monthly Investment Activity for November - $3589 invested!


Hi everyone! 

            I wanted to make a post that summed up all my investment activity for the month of November.  I continued making numerous smaller purchases of stock this past month, as I build my portfolio slowly but surely in my personal financial growth journey.  Overall, I was able to invest $3587.83 in November, as it was spread out in my multiple accounts, such as Loyal3, main brokerage and my Thrift Savings Plan.  Anyways, not too shabby of a month because it blew away my goal of investing at least $1500 monthly. 

            I had three purchases in my main brokerage account this month, as I initiated positions in two new companies.  As most of my fellow bloggers have been doing lately, I tried to take advantage of the depressed oil prices and used all three purchases on oil related stocks.  My first stock purchase of the month went to BP p.l.c. (BP), as it has been on a slide downwards since the summer.  I purchased 22 shares of BP at a share price of $41.25 for a total of $907.50.  I’ve added to that total already in December to give me a larger stake and to average down on my cost basis.  My other two buys were both smaller amounts in the same company, BHP Billiton p.l.c. (BBL).  On the first buy, I purchased 11 shares of BBL at a share price of $50.13 for a total amount of $551.43.  The following week I added 10 shares of BBL at share price of $50.44, which totaled $504.40.  Overall, I purchased 21 shares of BBL at a total price of $1055.83.  I should have waited another week or so for the BBL purchase, as it has gone down significantly since, oh well!  It’s a long term investment, so I’m sure I’ll be happy in the long run. 

            I continued to make monthly purchases in some select companies this month, as I build my positions.  I contributed to four companies that I already hold, which are Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM), ConocoPhillips (COP), Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) and The Proctor & Gamble Co. (PG).  First, I contributed $65.00 to XOM that purchased me 0.689535 shares.  Secondly, I contributed $110 to COP, adding 1.621278 shares to my total.  Third, I added 0.35544 shares of LMT with a purchase of price of $66.00.  Lastly, I picked up 0.560789 shares of PG for $50.00.  I plan on continuing to invest on a monthly basis in these companies, along with Verizon (VZ) for the foreseeable future through direct investment plans. 

            In my Loyal3 account, I made investments in six companies.  I initiated a new position in Unilever (UL) and added to five previous holdings, KO, MCD, DIS, TGT and WMT.  In total, I invested $495 in new capital this month.  Here are the following additions in my Loyal3 account:

            Unilever (UL): $210 invested

            The Coca-Cola Co. (KO):  $95 invested

            McDonald’s (MCD):  $25 invested

            The Walt Disney Co. (DIS):  $95 invested

            Target Corp. (TGT):  $35 invested

            Wal-Mart Corp. (WMT):  $35 invested

            My Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) saw two contributions during November.  I was able to invest $827 in my TSP account, as it was invested through bi-weekly contributions.  I continued to contribute to the C Fund, S Fund and I Fund, and kept my allocations at 52%, 28% and 20% respectively.  Of note, the value of my TSP account crossed over the $50,000 mark, so I was really happy with that milestone.  Next stop, 100k! 

            I had two automatic DRIPs (Dividend Reinvestment Plan) go through for the month.  I received a dividend of $9.43 from Apple Inc. (AAPL), which was reinvested into .087 shares.  In addition, I received $2.07 from PG that was reinvested to .02359 shares.  The dividends I received in my Loyal3 account were just added to my purchases that I listed above. 

            Overall, a solid month of investing, as I was able to invest $3587.83 in total.  I can’t believe that in 2014 is almost gone!  One more month to add to my 2014 totals, as I’ve passed by dividend income goal for the year and now it’s onto my 2015 goal of $1000.  Thanks so much for all the support and comments, I really appreciate it. 

Special Agent Dividend

15 comments:

  1. Agent,

    Great job with the capital deployment. You put some serious cash to work, my friend. And you spread that capital out over quite a few different companies!

    Keep it up. You're building the portfolio at a very fast pace.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DM! I've noticed you been making some killer trades lately, such as DIS. I'd love to add a substantial stake in DIS in the next few months, as the price is only going up. Thanks so much for stopping by and for the support!

      Delete
  2. SAD,

    Nice! Wow... that is quite a bit of capital with nice diversification. What's awesome is the fruit you will begin to receive from the seeds you just planted - 2015 is going to be a killer year for you! I am pumped to see how fast you are eager to grow this portfolio, to increase your income from your investments, I dig it!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lanny! I'm excited to see what 2015 can bring, as it will be my first full year of investing. I'm excited to see how the Diplomats year will turn out, as you guys have been doing well over there! I hope your having a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Lanny! I'm excited to see what 2015 can bring, as it will be my first full year of investing. I'm excited to see how the Diplomats year will turn out, as you guys have been doing well over there! I hope your having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are all of these in a Loyal3 account or are you paying commissions on some?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. I try to separate my purchases as much as possible. I have a main brokerage and the fee is 5.95 per trade, but I have several free trades I've been using. However, most of my buys, are either through Loyal3 or direct investment plans and I pay no fees on them. I only use direct plans that are completely fee free. If it isn't, I will use my main account to make the buys after I save up capital.

      Delete
  5. Special Agent,
    Excellent purchases! You're only setting yourself up for an awesome 2015!

    Glad to see that many of those companies are in my portfolio as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait for 2015 and the ability to invest for an entire year.

      Delete
  6. You have invested a pretty solid amount for the month. Putting all that cash to work will surely pay off in the coming months as you receive your newest dividend payouts. UL is still on my watch list. I have added some last month but would like to add more someday too. Thanks for sharing your recent update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DivHut! I'm finally starting to see the dividends rolling in and it's addictive!! I'll continue adding to UL until I reach a full position.

      Delete
  7. Great job on adding more capital to purchase great dividend paying stocks. It's great that you were able to spread the capital over several stocks to further diversify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tawcan! I'll continue spreading out my purchases as much as possible to diversify my portfolio until I have it established better.

      Delete
  8. Wow! Your portfolio is growing fast and well diversified.
    Congratulations for this month, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trader! I've been happy in its growth so far. It broke 10k for a minute until oil began to be slaughtered! However, I'm focused on the long journey and not too worried about the day to day changes.

      Delete