Friday, June 24, 2016

New Stock Purchase

Hi everyone,

Well today was quite a ride for the stock market, as I eagerly watched and hoped to pick up some shares on discount.   It's always tough to see your most of your portfolio holdings in red, but at this point in the game, I just see it as opportunity.  I'm in it for the long haul, so any chance for me to pick up a new company or add to existing holdings is a good day for me. I was able to use a bunch of capital, as I'm purchasing a new house and need the flexibility of the cash reserve to use for unforeseen needs and/or expenses.   I did end up using a tad, as I initiated a new position in Wells Fargo & Company (WFC), as well as added small amounts to my holdings in Target Corp. (TGT) and The Walt Disney Company (DIS).

I purchased 15 shares of WFC at $46 per share for a total cost of $690.   With a current quarterly dividend of $0.38, it adds $22.80 to my annual dividend total.  This is an initial purchase of WFC, as I plan to keep adding shares in the future to build up my holding.

Well, I'm heading out to eat with the family on this lovely Friday night, so I'll make this short.  I'll look to post a recent activity post soon detailing all my investment activity for the past few weeks.  Enjoy your Friday evenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment