Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Weekly Dividend Growth Purchases

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry for the delay, as I’m really trying to update with postings immediately following activity. However, life never allows that, as work and family take up most of my hours.  This posting will detail last week’s investment activity.  The market has been crazy lately, which is a good thing for us long term investors, as it provides us the opportunity to buy some stock on sale.  I try not to worry about beating or timing the market, but do look for overall value.  In this regard, I’ll be making larger purchases sporadically and continue to invest small amounts on a weekly basis.   

Dividend Growth Investing:

This week I made some small purchases, which were executed through direct stock investment plans and my Loyal3 account. 

Loyal3:
I only had one purchase in my Loyal3 account last week, as I’ve been trying to save my capital for a larger purchase this week in my main brokerage account.  The purchase was very small, as I used funds that were in my account from a dividend to purchase $10.00 of Target Corp. ( TGT ) stock.  This small amount purchased me 0.1592 shares of TGT.  I plan to continue to invest in TGT, as I still find it attractively priced and with a healthy dividend. 

Direct:
I had a few automatic investments completed during the week.  These purchases were for my ongoing monthly investments, as I build my core positions.  The following trades were completed:

1.  Verizon Communications ( VZ ):  I invested $60.00 at a purchase price of $49.50 for 1.212121 shares.  

2.  ConocoPhillips ( COP ):  Invested $55.00 at a purchase price of $77.62 for 0.708607 shares. 

Dividends:

I had one dividend payment for the week, albeit small, which was used for reinvestment.  Lockheed Martin Corp. ( LMT ) paid me a whopping $0.91, which was reinvested for 0.005044 shares. 

Summary:


Overall, it was not too much investing going on for the week.  I invested $125.00 in fresh capital for the week, along with the $0.91 in dividend reinvestment for a total of $125.91.  I’m hoping these small purchases eventually pays off....  

2 comments:

  1. Don't underestimate the power of small but consistent purchases. If you invest $125 every week that's $6,500 for the year. Given time that capital can grow into something truly amazing. Even better when it's with DGI companies. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the words of encouragement PIP! I'm hoping to realize that power, as I'll keep investing small but frequently over the next 15-20 years. I'm ready for the dividends to take a life of their own and start really contributing to racking up more shares.

      Delete