Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Current Positions - Portfolio



Hello fellow investors and future millionaires,

This will be my second posting related to my stock positions, as of today, October 8, 2014.  I detailed my positions exactly one month ago at September Current Positions.  At that time, the value of my portfolio was $3,896.97 and my estimated annual dividend was $94.47.  I added a few buys during the month of September and early October to my Dividend Growth Portfolio and to my Thrift Savings Plan investment account.  I’ve reached my first goal of $100 in forward annual dividend income and went over $5,000 in my DGI portfolio. 

Special Agent Dividend’s Portfolio

Here is the breakdown of my Dividend Growth Portfolio, as it stands today, which is a little over two months in the making (don’t laugh): 


Company
Ticker
Shares
Market Value
Dividends

Apple Inc.
APPL
21.3892
$2,156.03
$40.21

Target Corp.
TGT
4.9676
$312.01
$10.33

The Coca-Cola Company
KO
5.1423
$229.09
$6.27

Dr. Pepper Snapple Group
DPS
1.409
$91.87
$2.31

Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
WMT
1.6893
$132.17
$3.24

McDonald’s Corp.
MCD
2.3619
$221.62
$8.03

Lockheed Martin Corp.
LMT
1.0593
$186.81
$6.57

ConocoPhillips
COP
2.3229
$173.13
$6.78

Verizon Communications Inc.
VZ
3.4886
$173.98
$7.67

Exxon Mobil Corp.
XOM
2.0210
$191.20
$5.58

Intel Corp.
INTC
0.8934
$30.62
$0.80

The Procter & Gamble Co.
PG
3.2144
$270.59
$8.28

The Walt Disney Company
DIS
1.9214
$169.29
$1.65

Ford Motor Co.   
F
51
$724.71
$25.50


Total
$5,063.12
$133.24

Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)

Secondly, is my Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) account.  It really took a hit over the past month with the overall market downturn.  However, as a relatively young investor, I like cheaper stock prices so I can benefit from a higher buying power of my money.  I’ll continue to rebalance and mix up my contributions, as the market may dictate.  Here is the breakdown of my TSP account:

C Fund   Common Stock Index
1,124.5201
$25.4008
$28,563.71
S Fund   Small Cap Stock Index
261.0787
$33.3197
$8,699.06
I Fund   International Stock Index
321.0954
$24.4967
$7,865.78
Total
$45,128.55

Summary:

Overall, my investment accounts total $50,191.67.  This does not include my wife’s 401k plan.  We will continue to aggressively invest in dividend growth stocks to build a solid portfolio.  In addition, we have talked about opening up ROTH IRA accounts as well, in addition to our taxable account.  Any opinions on ROTH IRA’s?  I was thinking it may be best to build a solid portfolio in the taxable accounts first, and then branch off to the ROTH IRA's when we have more capital to effectively distribute.  





10 comments:

  1. Your portfolio looks great. There is nothing to laugh about!
    Every snowball starts with 2 small hands, right? There are portfolio's out there which doesn't grow as fast as yours.
    In addition to your rental property, this looks like an excellent start to me.

    Keep up the great work.
    Best wishes, DfS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DfS! I haven't thought of it like that, but you are exactly right. I'll keep slowly plugging away. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. It's motivating to interact with like minded people in this journey.

      Delete
  2. Pretty well rounded portfolio. On the conservative side compared to most dividend bloggers as you are not chasing yield rather dividend growth. Similar to my portfolio. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DivHut! I'm definitely being conservative but hopefully can branch off once I get some decent numbers in these core positions. I think I'll be adding a REIT soon just to throw some high yield in there.

      Delete
  3. Agent Dividend,

    As far as Roth. I usually max that out in the earlier part of the year, to essentially "Get it out of the way". I actually plan to stop investing into any retirement accounts at some point, as that is a last resort scenario for me. If you invest into it at the max you can for your Roth and a certain % of your salary - you can essentially set it and forget it to become quite a large nest egg. Therefore, I then use those contributions/funds available to the taxable account. Let me know what you think. Nice portfolio Agend D, talk soon!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the insight. I'll probably open up a Roth in 2015 as a hedge to my taxable accounts.

      Delete
  4. Solid choices overall. We don't actually share a lot of overlap in our dividend growth portfolios, which is interesting. Do see a lot of companies I want to own someday though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by. Yea I definitely have a few weird ones for dividend growth like DIS, but do feel it could morph into one in the next 5 years. Thanks again for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice dividend stock portfolio...you have some very solid dividend payers! I know you've only just begun so keep it up, you are doing fantastic!

    Best wishes and continued success on our personal journey! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by AFFJ. I appreciate the support. I'm trying to build a pretty quality portfolio, but it will definitely take some time, so patience is key. However, I'm throwing as much capital as I can at it at the moment to get a nice jump start. Thanks again for dropping by, as it's much appreciated.

      Delete