Saturday, October 11, 2014

Weekly Dividend Investment Activity

Hello everyone,

Although this week was not very active for me, as I'm saving up for a larger buy this month, I did manage a few small purchases in my Loyal3 account. I'm really thinking I will go with a REIT on the next investment, but I'll see where the market is at that time.  I may end up adding to my XOM position as well, as I think there is real value in energy right now.  I'm hoping the market stays volatile so I can pick up some shares on clearance, either way.  

This posting will detail last week’s investment activity at Loyal3.  I ended up adding a tiny amount to some companies I already own. 

Dividend Growth Investing:

Loyal3:

As I was saying, I had a few small purchases in my Loyal3 account.  I really like the ability to throw down some nominal amounts at any time to slowly accumulate shares.  I'm hoping it eventually pays off, as it doesn't seem to be much, but I'm betting it will begin to slowly add up to pretty decent numbers. In addition, I'll keep taking advantage of no fee investing while the going is good!! I'm always skeptical of anything 'free' so we shall see. It's been great so far in the few months I've been using them. 

I ended up investing $90, which was spread out over four companies.  I invested the following: 

The Walt Disney Co.: $20.00
McDonald's Corp.: $30.00
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.: $20.00
Target Corp.: $20.00


Dividends:

I had one dividend payment for the week, as the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (DPS) paid out $0.58 in my Loyal3 account. I haven't really added to DPS lately, as I've been trying to add to KO first.  I do like the potential of DPS, but the price has risen to almost 12 month highs lately.  In this market, it doesn't appear to be of good value, in comparsion to others. I'll have to run some numbers and try to find a fair market value before I initiate any more buys in the company. 

Summary:

The week was not very interesting overall.  I invested $90.00 in fresh capital and put some other cash in my buy fund for a larger purchase coming up in a week or so.  This coming week I will be making some more purchases in my Loyal3 account and maybe a few automatic investments will go through.  My annual forward dividend income now sits at $135.09.  It's slowly starting to build up! 

11 comments:

  1. Those small numbers will add up and you have been putting alot of money to work over a small period already. Thanks for introducing me to Loyal3. I just opened an account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get me thinking more and more about opening a Loyal3 account every time I come to your site. I think it's great that you picked up some quality companies with a small amount of capital. This should be a sign that anyone can take part in this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm really liking Loyal3 and would highly recommend for you to check it out. It's a great way to invest small amounts over an extended period. I've racked up over $1500 in stocks in two months with very little buys of $10-$50 at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice buy, I love Loyal3! It allows us to buy small positions and more frequently allowing for a nice dollar cost averaging. Those are good quality picks. Also, I see UL and YUM are good value at loyal3. DIS does not qualify for my criteria due to low entry yield but because its Disney, I may make an exception.
    FFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FFF! I'm loving Loyal3 as well, as you can't beat it with no fees. I'm just hoping it lasts awhile as is before any changes come. I can't pass up DIS, as I really think it has potential to continue to grow with all the companies they are acquiring, i.e. Lucasfilm.

      Delete
  5. Agent,

    Great companies there. I don't own a piece of Disney yet, but would like to at some point. They are a media and entertainment monstrosity.

    Good stuff. Keep it up!!

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Dividend Mantra. I wish DIS paid quarterly divies, as it's hard to swallow the annual payout. However, as you mentioned, DIS is a juggernaut in media/entertainment and only going to expand with the Marvel and Star Wars franchises.

      Delete
  6. Small numbers will grow up very fast. Keep on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trader! I'm hoping these small buys rack up some impressive numbers over time.

      Delete
  7. Well, I love what I am doing... I love it so much that I decided to demonstrate the Forex buzz with you. And if you give me ten minutes of your time, you too will understand why... russia

    ReplyDelete