Friday, October 24, 2014

Weekly Dividend Investment Activity

Hi fellow bloggers and investors,

It’s that time of the week again, as I will detail my weekly activity.   Sadly, the market bounced back quite strong this week, so I still haven’t made my larger purchase for the month.  I've saved up the necessary funds, so now I’m just waiting on a good time to pull the trigger and pick me up a position in a company on my watch-list.  My short list still includes ARCP and KMI.  KMI has gained a ton of ground since it dropped sharply during the latest pullback, so not sure if it is priced right at the moment.  I’ll be studying over the numbers this weekend and see where the market takes us next week! 

During this week, I made several small purchases through my Loyal3 account and in my direct investments.  I saved other capital to be used in a larger purchase next week, so I can’t wait to put that money to work for me.  Overall, I invested $225 on existing positions and saved around $1250 to be used for my next stock purchase this coming week.  So far during my weekly activity logs for the month of October, I've invested $2366, which is pretty awesome.  My goal for each month is to invest at least $1500, so I shattered that goal and will add even more to it next week. 

Now to the meat and potatoes…. I did not add any new positions this week, but added to my existing positions, as I build them slowly, one buck at a time! 

Dividend Growth Investing:

Loyal3:

Overall, I invested $170.00 in my ever growing Loyal3 account for the week.  I added to my positions with McDonald’s Corp. (MCD), The Coca-Cola Company (KO), Target Corp. (TGT), and The Walt Disney Company (DIS).  I consider these as part of my core holdings, so I’m hoping to keep adding to them on a regular basis, either weekly or minimally once a month. 

The $170.00 was spread out in the following companies:

McDonald's Corp. ( MCD ): $35.00 invested adding 0.3836 shares
The Coca-Cola Company ( KO ): $75.00 invested adding 1.8248 shares
Target Corp. ( TGT ):  $35.00 invested adding 0.5825 shares
The Walt Disney Company ( DIS ):  $25.00 invested adding 0.2935 shares

Direct:

I had one automatic investment go through for my ongoing investment in ConocoPhillips (COP).  The summary of my purchase is:

ConocoPhillips ( COP ):  $55.00 invested at a share price of $69.84

Summary:

Overall, this week was productive in my portfolio growth, as I added a small amount of capital and saved some for future investments.  I invested $225 in existing positions and saved $1250 to be used next week for investments.  I crossed over $150 in my forward annual dividend income, as it currently sets at $156.02, with my 2014 goal of $200 in the crosshairs.  As of market closing today, my dividend growth portfolio value is $5822.68, after a little over two months of investing.  My investments now total approximately $52000.   1/20th of a millionaire already! haha

Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave me a comment!  

Special Agent Dividend



20 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with being invested in ARCP and KMI. ARCP's portfolio of properties is enviable, and KMI treats their shareholders very well. :)

    Looking forward to following you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Seraph! I'm leaning towards ARCP to crank up my yield some and it's still fairly valued. I just wish I would have picked up KMI on the big dip. Oh well, I'm sure there will be other opportunities or even just buying at the current price. Thanks again die the comment.

      Delete
  2. Thats a great savings rate. You Loyal3 contributions are also split into some great companies. Keep it up!

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R2R! I'm trying my best to put back as much as I can for investing. I'm hoping to be around 2k a month average in 2015, not including dividends.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on building your portfolios so quickly! Like yourself, I am hoping for a significant 2015. As a sneak preview, I'm hoping to put an average of $3k per month into DG or P2P lending throughout the year. Depending on how life goes, this is going to be a stretch, but should certainly payoff in the long run should I be able to swing it!

    Keep on building! I can already see a great future in front of you over these next couple of years as your portfolio gathers momentum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3k would be awesome! Good grief you would rack up some impressive numbers. I can't wait to see how it works out so I'll be following along.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Very good job on you monthly savings goal. If you keep that up, you will be doing quite well for yourself.

    Keep cranking,

    Robert the DividendDreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking time to comment. I'm trying to get start my portfolio for the rest of year and saving as much as possible. I have another 1500 burning a hole in my pocket now waiting for the right opportunity. Man I wish I had it a few weeks ago when everything was down!!

      Delete
    2. I am in the same boat right now. I have a little cash and I am waiting for a little pullback.

      Keep cranking,

      Robert the DividendDreamer

      Delete
    3. I was really hoping we would see some good deals this week. So far, I've only made small purchases in existing positions, VZ, TGT, MCD and KO. I'm really hoping that we get a drop in a company on my watchlist. If not, I'll just have to put off my larger purchase for another week.

      Delete
  5. Good choices as always, and awesome savings rate. Long all except DIS and COP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by DD! I'm trying my best to save as much as possible the next few months to start this snowball off right.

      Delete
  6. Agent,

    Great job. Consistency goes a long, long way. Those little purchases will most certainly add up. :)

    Like the picks as well. All solid companies.

    Enjoy those new dividends. I'm confident the you of 10 years from now will be thankful the you of today is doing all of this. Nice work!

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dividend Mantra! I'm counting on these small purchases eventually racking up a nice portfolio!

      More importantly, congratulations again on the engagement! I wish y'all the best!

      Delete
  7. Great job, looks like you're making excellent progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tawcan! Slow progress but steady. I've actually got a decent sum sitting in my account waiting to be spent. I was going to pull the trigger on ARCP but worried about this accounting problem that was announced. I have to read up on it but it looks bad on the surface.

      Delete
  8. You may have done well passing on ARCP. I grabbed some at $9 today and ended up selling at $10 after I read more about the accounting issues that were "intentionally" overlooked. The rest of your purchases look solid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AAI! It's still tempting to pick up a small position with ARCP at the current prices. I'm seeing what other news will come out, as it may simply be a few people involved and not a widespread issue.

      Delete
  9. Very nice week Agent Dividend. I like the 4 companies that you purchased during the week. MCD and KO have been down recently, so you may have gotten two great iconic companies at a discount. Keep building a solid dividend growth investing base. With your savings rate, that base will get very large in no time.

    Bert, One of the Dividend Diplomats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bert! I'll keep slugging away with these small purchases and try to increase my savings rate going forward! I really wish we could get another nice dip before end of year!

      Delete