Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Goal Completed and First Milestone - Dividend Growth Investing

Goal Completed and First Milestone
Hello everyone,

I want to thank everyone for continued support of my financial independence journey and my little blog.  I find it extremely motivating to continually interact with like minded people on here and through your own blogs, as I draw inspiration from your journeys and simply learn from your experiences.  My posting tonight celebrates a small achievement in the beginning stages of my investing journey.  When I created this blog, I made a small goal of reaching $200 in forward annual dividend income in 2014, as I started from scratch.  While it is a small amount, I wanted to set a realistic goal in the few months that I had remaining in 2014.  Now, I’ve been investing for approximately three (3) months and have steadily added to my portfolio in high quality dividend paying companies.  I haven’t speculated or chased yield.  Rather, I have focused my investment strategy on some of the highest quality companies in their relative sector, such as Apple Inc. (AAPL), Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM), The Coca-Cola Company (KO), The Walt Disney Company (DIS) and McDonald’s Corp., to name a few.  My portfolio has increased to a net value of $0 a short few months ago to $7,749.28, as of this posting.  Not a huge amount, but steady progress!  More importantly, my dividend income has gone from $0 to $222.86 in that amount of time, as I surpassed by $200 goal of forward annual dividend income.  Not too shabby!  My goal for 2015 is to obtain $1000 in forward annual dividend income, as I will actively invest on a weekly/monthly basis with new capital and reinvesting all dividends received. 

In addition to achieving my main goal of 2014, my blog, a little over two full months in the making, has surpassed the first milestone.  I have topped 10,000 pageviews, which seems amazing to me!  I was a lurker for the longest, as I religiously read some of my favorite blogs, such as Dividend MantraWrite Your Own RealityRoadmap2RetireDivHutPassive Income PursuitDividend DiplomatsTawcanAll About Interest, and many more.  These blogs, among many others, have served (do serve) as inspiration to me, as we all have similar goals and can learn from one another in our journeys.  I decided to start blogging my journey, as I wanted to share with others my experiences, document my journey and simply to motivate me to continue down the path.  It’s not easy by no means, as it takes up a substantial amount of time, but I find it truly addictive and motivating.  Thank you for supporting my journey and I hope to become more active in our little community. 

Special Agent Dividend

20 comments:

  1. Agent,

    Congrats! May $200 just be the start of a massive source of passive income for you. Consistency and persistence will get you there. :)

    Thanks for the kind words as well. I appreciate that. I think our community is invaluable, as we all selflessly motivate and inspire one another to be bigger and better versions of ourselves.

    Keep it up!

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate all the insight you provide to us. I can't wait for all of us to reach our ultimate goal!

      Delete
  2. Hooooray on $200 in forward dividends! It really starts to pick up from here. :) Soon you'll be smashing through bigger and bigger milestones like they're nothing.

    Keep up the discipline and consistency!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. I will definitely keep it up, as every cent provides even more motivation!

      Delete
  3. Nice job on building a pretty solid base. Best of luck to you in the coming years.

    Keep cranking,

    Robert the DividendDreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert! I really appreciate your continued support! I look forward to us sharing our achievements for years to come.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on achieving the milestone, Agent. For 3 months of investing, getting to a portfolio the size of $7749 is pretty impressive. That $200 should do well for you and that income stream just keeps growing year after year. Your future self will thank you.

    Thanks for the mention. Wishing you the best in your journey
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you R2R! I love your site, as I've learned a lot from you. I hope to keep up the same pace, as I want to really get this kick started for the future!

      Delete
  5. Great! It is always good to read about personal/financial achievements. Keep on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an awesome progress. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tawcan! I'll keep it up, as I'm loving this journey! If only prices went back down for a bit to pick up some good value! Thanks for commenting and all you do over at your blog!

      Delete
  7. Agent Dividend,
    I am happy for you on achieving your first milestone, may you have more to come :)
    Take care,
    FFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FFF! I'm hoping we both will have a fantastic 2015!! It's no telling how 2015 will turn out with the stock ride we're on!

      Delete
  8. Way to hit your goal! $0 to over $200 so quickly is very impressive. $1000 in forward 12-month dividends will be a nice target. It looks like you are automatically reinvesting the dividends received into the stocks they came from. That's what I'm doing too. I might ultimately stop doing that, but right now it is an easy way to constantly buy more shares without accruing commission fees. Do you see yourself pooling the dividends together eventually or just letting the partial shares accumulate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I think 1k will be a reasonable goal for next year, but I'm really hoping to surpass that.

      I plan on reinvesting most of my dividend payments, with the exception of my Loyal3. I believe they will only DRIP a few stocks, but none that I hold. I'll just selectively invest those at $10 amounts. All the rest, besides VZ, I have in a DRIP. I don't plan on changing that anytime soon, but will consider pooling once I get to a decent size portfolio.

      Delete
  9. This is what I absolutely love about this community. The sharing of goals and achievements. I love seeing people succeed. Congratz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love our little community as well.. I find such inspiration from fellow bloggers and some great ideas! I'll be following your journey as well!

      Delete
  10. Congrats special agent on your achievement. Getting started is always the hardest part. Best of luck in building up your dividend income base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm well on this journey now and can't wait to keep plugging away one buck at a time! Up next, 1k in dividend income!

      Delete