Sunday, November 16, 2014

Weekly Investment Activity - Dividend Growth Investing Recent Buys

Weekly Investment Activity - Dividend Growth


Hi everyone,

Thank you for stopping by to check out my little blog, as I strive for financial independence and overall wealth building.  This posting will detail
my investment activity for the week of November 10th to November 14th.  I continued my investment activity through my Loyal3 and direct investment accounts.  Also, I made one purchase in my main brokerage account, had a dividend reinvestment and contributed to my Thrift Savings Plan, TSP, account.  

Overall, I was able to invest $1483.93 during the week, as I continued my effort to invest on a weekly basis.  I added two new positions to my portfolio, as I initiated positions in BP Plc (BP) and Unilever Plc (UL).  In addition, I added to my small positions in the Walt Disney Company (DIS), the Coca-Cola Company (KO) and Wal-Mart (WMT).  

Dividend Growth Investing:

Loyal3:

I invested $155.00 in my Loyal3 account for the week.  I added small amounts to my positions with The Coca-Cola Company (KO), The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Wal-Mart (WMT), and added a new position with Unilever Plc (UL).  I really think UL is attractively valued at the moment, so I wanted to initiate a new position and will add to it during the coming weeks.  I have several purchase orders pending for UL in my Loyal3 account, which should go through this coming week.  My purchases were spread out in the following:

The Coca-Cola Company ( KO ): $75.00 invested adding 1.7478 shares

The Walt Disney Company ( DIS ):  $20.00 invested adding 0.221 shares

Wal-Mart ( WMT ):  $10.00 invested adding 0.1217 shares

Unilever Plc ( UL ): $50.00 invested adding 1.2255 shares 

Brokerage: 

I made one purchase in my brokerage account this week.  I ended up choosing to initiate a position in BP Plc (BP), as it has been on my watchlist and the current price allowed an attractive entry point with a very nice yield.  The summary of the purchase is:

BP Plc ( BP ): $907.50 invested at a share price of $41.25 for 22 shares.  

Dividend:

During the week, I had one automatic dividend reinvestment go through.  I received $9.43 from Apple Inc. (AAPL), which was reinvested into .087 shares.  This does not include my AAPL dividend in my Loyal3 account, which should post this week.  

Thrift Savings Plan (TSP):

I had a bi-weekly contribution to my Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) account this week.  I contributed $412, which was spread between the C Fund, S Fund and the I Fund.   

Summary:

Overall, I invested $1483.93 during the week.  I added two new positions, UL and BP, which brings my total to 16 companies in my portfolio.  I received a dividend payment of $9.43 from Apple (AAPL).  At the end of the week, my portfolio value stands at $7,641.99 and my TSP account is approximately $49,000, which brings my investment total to $56,641.99.  Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment!  
  
Special Agent Dividend

4 comments:

  1. Great work SAD! Excellent way to put that capital to good use, I'm a fellow shareholder of most of these companies and I'd love to join you in DIS and KO at some point down the road. Great work dollar cost averaging your way in. The dividends are going to start rolling in faster than you'll expect! Keep that laser focus on saving and investing :)

    Best Wishes,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryan! I can't wait to see the result of the constant DCA investing in the next few years. I'll keep plugging away and hopefully build a nice portfolio over time. KO and DIS are two stocks I don't mind paying preminum for. It would be hard for either to take too much of a hit, so I plan on slowly building them over the next year or so.

      Delete
  2. Nice purchases great to see your DG portfolio really start to gain value and pick up steam. You should consider adding a portfolio page so we can see what's in your DG holdings and watch things build over time. My most viewed page ever on my site is my portfolio page. I know I'd visit yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion W2R! I'll do just that, as soon as I get time on my regular computer. Thanks again for the tip!! Hope your having a good week.

      Delete