Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekly Dividend Investing Activity

Hello everyone,

Another week gone.. and some more investments were made.  This posting will detail my investment activity for the week of November 17th through November 21st.  I’ve previously posted one purchase I made in the week, as I initiated a new (small) position with BHP Billiton plc (BBL).  I couldn’t resist pulling the trigger when I saw it hit 52 week lows.  Sadly, I didn’t have as much capital as I would have liked, but something is better than nothing!!  In addition to my purchase of BBL, I continued my weekly investment activity through Loyal3 and in my direct investment accounts.  In addition, I had one DRIP purchase, as I had a small dividend payment that was reinvested. 

Dividend Growth Investing:

This week I continued contributing small amounts of capital into existing positions, as I attempt to grow my positions with dollar cost averaging (DCA).  As I mentioned above, I also initiated a small position in BHP Billiton plc (BBL) in my main brokerage account.  I made the following investments:

 

Lockheed Martin Corp. ( LMT ):  I invested $66.00 at a purchase price of $185.69 for 0.35544 shares.  

 

The Proctor & Gamble Co. ( PG ):  I invested $50.00 at a purchase price of $89.16 for 0.560789 shares. 

 

In addition to the above purchases, I contributed to three companies in my Loyal3 account.  I wanted to get some purchases in before they remove the credit card option from the system.   I mainly invested in UL, as I continue to grow the positon.  It’s one of the better values at the moment with my holdings in Loyal3. 

 

Unilever  ( UL ):  $125 invested

The Walt Disney Company ( DIS ):  $50 invested

The Coca-Cola Company ( KO ):  $10 invested

 

My main purchase for the week was investing with BHP Billiton plc (BBL).  It has been on my watchlist for the past month or so, as I’ve been trying to take advantage of the overall weakness in the energy sector.  On Thursday, I noticed it was falling below its 52 low, so I decided to pull the trigger.  The summary of my purchase is: 

 

BHP Billiton plc ( BBL ):  I bought 11 shares at the purchase price of $50.13.  This purchase added $27.28 to my annual dividend income.  The main fallback of the BBL purchase to me is the bi-annual dividend payments, instead of the quarterly payments.  This isn’t a major concern for me, but I’d rather have dividend income rolling in quarterly. 

 

Dividends:

 

This week I received a dividend payment from The Proctor & Gamble Co.  PG paid me $2.07, which was reinvested into 0.02359 shares.  I have my dividend income automatically reinvested with PG.  In addition, I received $0.63 in dividend income from Apple (AAPL) in my Loyal3 account.  Last week I detailed my dividend income from in AAPL in my main brokerage, which was automatically reinvested. 

 

Summary:

 

Another productive, albeit small, investment week.  For the week, I invested $852.43, which was spread out among six companies (five existing and one new position).  At the end of the week, my individual stock portfolio stands at $8,726.70.  My forward annual dividend income is $262.55, which is awesome!  I can’t believe I’m up to that amount all ready, and can’t wait to take down my 2015 goal of $1000.  As always, thank you for the continued support and comments. 

 

 

Special Agent Dividend

8 comments:

  1. Thats still a great investment rate, Agent. $852 per week - I wish I could invest that much. Congrats on adding more FY dividend income to your stream. Keep it up!

    I had a look at BBL yesterday just before buying BNS and noticed that even though it has a low PE of 9, the Forward PE seems to be much higher, at 18. Is there an earnings drop expected at BBL? I need to do some more research before I make a decision.

    cheers
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi R2R,

      Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'm thinking the forward PE could be affected by the spinoff of the new company proposed, as well as issues in China. The new company would be based on more aluminum, manganese, coal, nickel and silver assets, and BHP would be able to concentrate on more core efforts. Good question! I'll research some more too.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Well diversified buys! Keep it up Agent Dividend! Those are high quality name companies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FFF! I really appreciate that. I'm trying to diversify as much as possible with my limited spending. Although, I've been heavily concentrating on energy with my larger buys lately.

      Delete
  3. Slow but steady :)

    I share similar sentiments about the semi-annual dividend, but overlooking that, BBL is a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Seraph! I do have to admit the semi-annual dividend was hard to swallow, especially knowing no income will roll in until like April. But, with the overall value is there so it was hard to pass up.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing your recent buys with us. Lots of solid names you have added. BBL has been quite popular in recent days too as everyone seems to be taking advantage of depressed commodity prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by DivHut! I've noticed numerous fellow bloggers picking up BBL and wished I would have picked up more on Friday. I'm hoping it stays low for awhile, so I can scoop up some more.

      Delete