Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Weekly Dividend Growth Investing Activity


Hi everyone,

I’ve been meaning to update my weekly activity, but a nasty cold has kept me out of action for the past week.  I’ve been slacking on checking the other blogs that I read religiously as well, but I’m hoping to get back into the swing of things today.  This posting will detail my weekly activity for the last week of October.  I was hoping to make a larger purchase, as I have around $1600 saved up for a purchase in my main brokerage account.  However, I haven’t found the right value I’m looking for, so I’m holding until something comes up again.  The market has bounced back stronger than ever, so finding a good deal is relatively difficult.  During my last posting I said ARCP was on my short list, but after the announcement of accounting issues I withdrew my consideration of that company.  I’ll keep following along with that story to see how it unfolds. 


During this week, I made several small purchases through my Loyal3 account and in my ongoing direct investments.  Also, I contributed to my 401k plan, i.e. the Thrift Savings Plan.  Overall, I was able to invest $585 this week, along with saving another few hundred to add to my available funds in my brokerage account for a future purchase(s).  I’ve been able to invest around $3000 during the month of October, which is significantly higher than my $1500 monthly goal. 

Dividend Growth Investing:

Loyal3:

I invested $110.00 in my Loyal3 account for the week, as it slowly grows.  I added small amounts to my positions with McDonald’s Corp. (MCD), The Coca-Cola Company (KO) and the Target Corp. (TGT).  I’m trying to slowly build core holdings in these companies, along with a few others in Loyal3 by dollar cost averaging on a weekly/monthly basis. 

The $110.00 was spread out in the following companies:

McDonald's Corp. ( MCD ): $25.00 invested adding 0.2690 shares

The Coca-Cola Company ( KO ): $60.00 invested adding 1.4649 shares

Target Corp. ( TGT ):  $25.00 invested adding 0.4064 shares


Direct:

I had one automatic investment go through for my ongoing investment in Verizon Communications (VZ).  The summary of my purchase is:

Verizon Communications ( VZ ):  $60.00 invested adding 1.221125 shares

Thrift Savings Plan:

During the week, I had my bi-weekly contribution to my 401k plan, as I contributed $415 to my Thrift Savings Plan (TSP).  I spread my investments out into 3 separate funds, as I contributed 52% to the C Fund, 28% to the S Fund and 20% to the I Fund.  My TSP account is now valued at approximately $47500. 

Summary:

Overall, I continued to slowly build my wealth through multiple avenues of dividend growth investing and my 401k.  I was able to invest $585 into my existing positions in my DGI portfolio and my TSP account.  I have another $1600 saved up, in addition to my normal weekly contributions, to make a larger purchase, but still haven’t found the right company to pull the trigger on yet.  I’ll keep evaluating this week and hopefully a deal with present itself.  As of writing, my dividend growth portfolio value is a whopping $6210.76, which brings my total investments to approximately $53,710.76.  Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave me a comment with a suggestion for a good purchase!  



Special Agent Dividend

4 comments:

  1. Like the MCD and KO buys. Not so much the TGT. I have been looking at UL and BNS for November. Mostly because I am looking to average down those positions in my ROTH. Keep adding to your portfolio as much as you can and witness the great YOY growth. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I'm about to start adding UL as well to my L3 portfolio. I was going to start a position this week, but just ended up adding to my existing companies.

      Delete
  2. Hi Agent Dividend! I just discovered your site. Nice work accumulating quality dividend growth stocks!

    I have been helping young and new investors learn dividend growth stock investing for several years now. I couldn't find the tools I wanted, so I built a site with tools designed for dividend growth stock investors find DGI stocks when they are undervalued and track their portfolio.

    The site is completely free check it out at: www.dividendgeek.com I hope if helps you to succeed in your journey to financial freedom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'll give your site a look!!

      Delete