Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Weekly Investment Activity - Dividend Growth


Hello readers and fellow bloggers,





This post will detail my investment activity for the week of November 3rd to November 7th.  I’m still getting back into the swing of things, as the family all had some terrible colds since November.   During the week, I only contributed some small amounts to my Loyal3 account and to my direct investment account.   The market has been gaining ground daily as of late, so I’ve been waiting to put some additional capital to work.  As of my last weekly posting, I had about $1600 saved for additional purchases.  I’ve added $500 to that amount for a total amount of $2100 that is sitting in my brokerage account.  I have a few on my shortlist, but still analyzing the companies to make the right choice.  As of now, it appears the best value is in energy stocks, as oil prices are still very low.  Anyways, back to my weekly activity.  During the week, I invested $120 in my Loyal3 account, as I made small purchases in McDonald’s Corp. (MCD), The Coca-Cola Company (KO), The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Wal-Mart (WMT), and the Target Corp. (TGT).  These purchases are my ongoing strategy to slowly invest into high quality companies in my Loyal3 account, as I’ll be making weekly and/or monthly purchases.  In addition, I invested $120 into my direct investment plans in the Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) and ConocoPhillips (COP).   Overall, I invested $240 for the week and saved approximately $500. 







Dividend Growth Investing:



Loyal3:

I invested $120.00 in my Loyal3 account for the week.  I added small amounts to my positions with McDonald’s Corp. (MCD), The Coca-Cola Company (KO), The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Wal-Mart (WMT), and the Target Corp. (TGT).  My purchases were spread out in the following manner:



McDonald's Corp. ( MCD ): $25.00 invested adding 0.2636 shares

The Coca-Cola Company ( KO ): $10.00 invested adding 0.2368 shares

Target Corp. ( TGT ):  $35.00 invested adding 0.5507 shares

The Walt Disney Company ( DIS ):  $25.00 invested adding 0.2795 shares

Wal-Mart ( WMT ):  $25.00 invested adding 0.3168 shares



Direct:

I had two automatic investments, as I continued my monthly purchases in Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) and ConocoPhillips (COP).  The summary of my purchases are:



Exxon Mobil Corp. ( XOM ):  $65.00 invested adding 0.689535 shares

ConocoPhillips ( COP ):  $55.00 invested adding 0.787566



Summary:



Not a hugely productive week, but it meets my strategy of continual small investments to slowly grow my dividend growth portfolio.  I was able to invest a total of $240 into existing positions, with the use of no fees by direct investment and Loyal3.  I added another $500 to my available funds in my brokerage account, which gives me a total of $2100 for future purchases.  I’m really antsy to make another purchase, but I’m being patient to see what the market offers me.  Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little blog, as I continue my journey for financial freedom.  I’ll be posting a follow-up to this posting, which will detail my current positions.  Thanks again for checking out this posting.



Special Agent Dividend

6 comments:

  1. Those portions might appear small, but they add up. Wish I had Loyal3 or somethign similar where I could invest at no cost :(

    Keep it up!
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R2R! I hear you, as Loyal3 is a great platform for small investors to slowly invest. It's easier for me to invest 1k spread out over the month then saving it for one buy.

      Delete
  2. Your investment week was productive. Many nice pick ups in your Loyal3 account. Every little bit counts towards your goal. I like your MCD and KO pick ups the most. I also started looking into COP as well and just added it to my watch list. Nice yield and decent price too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting DivHut! I like COP at its current level as well, and will continue making small DCA purchases. The YOC is very attractive to me.

      Delete
  3. Agent Dividend,
    It kinda sucks that Loyal3 removed their credit card purchase but I think theres still value on commission free that they are offering. You are making a good DCA over there. Keep it up!
    FFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FFF! I'm definitely bummed out about Loyal3 canceling CC purchases. It made it so much easier to invest throughout the week. People ruined gaming the system, so it's hard to blame Loyal3.

      Delete