Monday, November 24, 2014

Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) Update on Allocation Changes

Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) Update on Allocation Changes

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update any readers that may utilize the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), i.e. any military member or federal government employee, that I’ve recently changed my allocation amount.  Previously, I have set my allocation at 60% C Fund, 20% S Fund and 20% I Fund.  I’ve kept this allocation for the past several months, but I wanted to get a little more aggressive with my S Fund allocation.  I recently changed my allocation to the following:  52% C Fund, 28% S Fund and 20% I Fund. 

C Fund – Common Stock Index

“The C Fund's investment objective is to match the performance of the Standard and Poor's 500 (S&P 500) Index, a broad market index made up of stocks of 500 large to medium-sized U.S. companies.”  Source: TSP.gov

S Fund – Small Cap Stock Index

“The S Fund's investment objective is to match the performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Completion Total Stock Market Index, a broad market index made up of stocks of U.S. companies not included in the S&P 500 Index.”  Source:  TSP.gov

I Fund – International Stock Index

“The I Fund's investment objective is to match the performance of the Morgan Stanley Capital International EAFE (Europe, Australasia, Far East) Index.”  Source: TSP.gov

 

While the Thrift Savings Plan isn’t as sexy as individual stocks, per se, I still think it’s important to change things up occasionally to take advantage of market shifts, etc.  I will update my TSP status with any changes I make, such as allocation changes and/or inter-fund transfers.  Thanks for checking out this posting. 

Special Agent Dividend

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Special Agent Dividend.
    I applaud your move to take on a bit more risk. At your age, you have a fair amount of time to make up for any short-term weakness. Best wishes to you on your journey. It appears that you're off to a great start.

    Goosemann Jones
    Flight to Dividends Blog

    ReplyDelete