Saturday, March 5, 2016

February Investment and Dividend Summary

Hello everyone!
I wanted to post an update for all of my February investment activity.  For the month, I had several smaller purchases of existing companies and added one, Bank of America (BAC).   Overall, I used $898.48 in fresh new capital to make the buys, slowly adding to the Dividend Growth Portfolio, as it slowly chugs along.  In addition to those buys, I was able to contribute $996 to my Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) account, as I build my retirement account.   I had a relatively slow month in dividends, as I received a grand total of $38.71.  However, that is a nice step up from last year’s February total of $16.60, which is a nice year over year increase.   Lastly, I had $369.51 in other passive income, which includes my rental property.   Here is the breakdown of my activity:
 
Purchases:

Special Agent Dividend's Dividend Growth Portfolio
 

Bank of America Corp. (BAC) $354.23

The Walt Disney Co. (DIS) $60

Apple Inc. (AAPL) $20

Target Corp. (TGT) $20

The Coca-Cola Co. (KO) $10

Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) $60

ConocoPhillips (COP) $85

Proctor & Gamble Company (PG) $55

Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) $40.25

Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) - $119
Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) - $100



Total investment purchases:  $898.48



Retirement Account

Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) 401k Employee Plan

 

C Fund (S&P 500 Index) - $596 invested 

S Fund (Dow Jones U.S. Completion Total Stock Market Index) - $210 invested

I Fund (MSCI EAFE Index) - $190 invested 



Total invested in TSP Account:  $996



Dividends:



Kinder Morgan (KMI) - $5.75 (DRIP)

Proctor & Gamble (PG) - $8.03 (DRIP)

Realty Income (O) - $1.99

Apple Inc. (AAPL) - $12.15 (DRIP)
Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) - $10.79



Total Dividends received:   $38.71



Other Passive Income: 



Rental Property:  I received $1300 in payment for my rental house, which netted approximately $300 after mortgage payment and management expenses.  



Bank Account Interest:   $19.51


Credit Card Rebate:  $50.00


Total Passive Income received:  $369.51
Another month in the books and a step forward in growing my wealth!   This month I was able to invest $1894.48 in fresh capital, along with reinvesting $38.71 in dividends, for a grand total of $1933.19.   Income generated this month totaled $408.22.   Well, that’s it for February, so thank you so much for stopping by and supporting my journey! 


2 comments:

  1. It was a great month for you. Year over year dividend increase was more than 100%. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the dividend increases YOY. Some really good purchases there in solid companies which should boost your dividends even further going forward!

    ReplyDelete