Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Small Milestone Hit - Portfolio




Hello everyone,

With the recent run-up in the overall market, especially in the energy sector, I hit a small milestone that brought a smile to my face.  I was about to update my portfolio on the blog and when I opened it up it had crossed over the 20k mark for the first time.  While nothing grand, it did make my portfolio seem legit for the first time, as I've been nickel and diming it to slowly accumulate wealth.   I'm pretty happy at where it is and how far it has came since that first stock purchase a little over a year and half ago.  With my Special Agent Dividend's non-top secret portfolio and my retirement accounts, I'm cruising right towards the six figure mark in investments!  I should be around 90k, plus or minus a tad, right now so well on the way of hitting that milestone soon.   While my portfolio has increased nicely with the market ride, my dividend income has taken a hit with three of my holdings, Kinder Morgan (KMI), ConocoPhillips (COP) and BHP Billiton (BBL) slashing dividends.   I don't plan to sell at the moment, as it was understandable in this market.  In any regard, it's a nice moment to hit a milestone, as it just gives you motivation to keep it going and improve each month.  If I hadn't started this journey, that 20k would have been wasted on something I'm sure and not generating $700 annually and compounding growth.  Well, thanks for stopping by and for the support!

Here is a snapshot of my portfolio:


4 comments:

  1. 20K Great milestone to hit. And the 700USD you get each year going forward is more than a nice plus

    Good luck with the 6 figures goal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm for some reason the picture doesn't show up. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Is the next milestone 40K @ 40?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey AD, congrats on the achievement! 20K is a great milestone to hit. Good luck for the next 20K and one day the 100k!

    Tristan

    ReplyDelete