Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekly Investment and Dividend Activity - DGI


Hello everyone,

Thanks for stopping by my little blog that chronicles my investing journey.   I can’t believe the first week of March is in the books, as this year is passing by fast.   I had a few small buys this past week, as I used a little cash that was in my Loyal3 account to add to my DIS and KO positions, as well as some automatic purchases in my DRIP plans.   I had another contribution go through to my 401k, Thrift Savings Plan (TSP).  Lastly, and my favorite, I had some dividends roll in, which was reinvested.  Ford (F) paid a special dividend on top of the quarterly payout, so that was a nice little bump in my income already for the month.   Here are the details of this week’s activity:



Purchases:

Special Agent Dividend's Dividend Growth Portfolio

The Walt Disney Co. (DIS): $30

The Coca-Cola Co. (KO): $10

Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ):  $50

Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM):  $50

Total invested $140

Retirement Account

Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) 401k Employee Plan

C Fund (S&P 500 Index Fund) - $298 invested 

S Fund (Small Cap Index) - $105 invested

I Fund (International Index) - $95 invested 

Total invested $498

Dividends:

Ford Motor Co. (F):  $37.81

ConocoPhillips (COP):  $5.12

Total dividends received $42.93

Summary: 

Off to a decent start this month, as I hope to add fresh capital on a weekly basis to further kick start my portfolio.   I’ll continue to use my small investment strategy until I build a nice solid base of my core holdings and really start the momentum of the compounding effect.  Once again, thanks for stopping by and for the continued support!   

3 comments:

  1. A good start of the month.

    Is that a special type of account where you can buy partial stock? Sounds really cool. I can only buy full stock...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work. It takes time, but will be worth it.

    You can create a double digit passive income flow, and then some, if you stick with a plan. My passive income is getting pretty solid, well over double commas, but it took a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the Ford Special dividend. As a fellow shareholder I got that too :-)

    I like the DIS buy. I feel like this stock has a lot of room to run, especially with the strength of the Empire (Star Wars) behind them.

    ReplyDelete