Friday, March 25, 2016

Weekly Buys and Dividends

Hi fellow DGIers and readers,

Thank you for the continued support of my little blog, as I chronicle one dollar at a time (literally) in my investing journey.    As I mentioned last week, I've been traveling for work.  I had another slow week, as I'm having to pay my tax bill in a few weeks, so I've throttled down a tad to compensate for that money going to Uncle Sam.  However, I'm still plugging away with my small investments, especially my monthly buys that I directly invest.   While there is certainly better options, depending on each individual and/or preference, I feel this type of investment enables me to slowly accumulate shares and dollar cost average into full positions.   

Here is the breakdown:

Purchases:
Special Agent Dividend's Dividend Growth Portfolio

ConocoPhillips (COP) $60
The Walt Disney Company ((DIS) $20
Bank of America Corp. (BAC) $13.60 (one share)
The Proctor & Gamble Company (PG) $55

Total Purchases for the Week: $148.60

Dividends:
BP plc (BP) $36.82 (DRIP)
Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) $10.19 (DRIP)
Bank of America Corp. (BAC) $1.45

Total Dividends for the Week: $48.46




Well, not much going on this week, but I'm an advocate of every dollar counts in this investing journey.   With that in mind, I added $148.60 to prior positions and was able to reinvest dividends in two of my three dividends received this week.  Of note, as detailed in last post, I FINALLY crossed the $100 mark in monthly dividends, which was a nice little boost for me. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope everyone had a great weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. Every dollar counts towards future passive income. Adding almost $150 for a week is just fine. I see you are still liking the energy space with COP. Funny how some of the bloggers sold a lot of their positions while a few are adding. I think the sting of KMI and others are wearing off. Nice divvy income too for the week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty awesome that you're buying stocks and adding more dividend income. I'd love to add more COP and DIS in our portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the dividends and purchases. There is nothing wrong with getting to FI with one little step at a time :) I like your BoC and Disney purchases, they should be great long term buys for you

    Tristan

    ReplyDelete
  4. solid additions there! Keep up the good work. I only own DIS but I'd like some PG at some point. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete